This time around, I’ve got an interview and an exclusive DJ mix lined up with midwest house music artist, Black Sjuan.
We’ll be digging into Black Sjuan’s background, reveal this mysterious artist’s identity and dig into his creative roots. We’re also doing something for the first time – this is the first episode where our featured artist is going to play a DJ set made up completely of their own music. I wrap up this episode by playing a beautiful cut from Eris Drew’s upcoming EP with Octo Octa on Naive Records – a sublime track called Trans Love Vibration (Eris Goes to Church). Links to pick up this EP and to stock up on Black Sjuan’s music have been included below.
The interview with Black Sjuan was recorded May 2018.
If you want to submit music for the show, send to email@example.com.
1. Nightmares On Wax – Deep Shadows (Moodymann Remix) – Warp Records
2. Herbie Hancock – Stars In Your Eyes – Columbia Records
3. Girls Of The Internet – Running – Ramp Recordings
4. Audio Soul Project – Fall in Love Again – Fresh Meat Records
5. Black Sjuan – Just a Lick of Time – Assylum Effort Records
6. Black Sjuan – Motion’s Rhythm – Assylum Effort Records
7. Black Sjuan – The Rhythm Baby – Assylum Effort Records
8. Black Sjuan – My Bump – Assylum Effort Records
9. Black Sjuan – Chords 4 Coping – Assylum Effort Records
10. Black Sjuan – Pixures – Assylum Effort Records
11. Black Sjuan – Fiyah – Deep House Nations Recs
12. Black Sjuan – Question (ft JJ Weekz) -Assylum Effort Records
13. Black Sjuan – Thug Bumper 3 – Assylum Effort Records
14. Black Sjuan – Boulevardier – Assylum Effort Records
15. Black Sjuan – Hotel Heartbreaker 6 – Bootleg/White Label
16. Black Sjuan – Rebirth of the Move – Assylum Effort Records
17. Pat Ca$h – Yakuza Beat – Not On Label
18. Eris Drew – Trans Love Vibration (Eris Goes to Church) – Naive Records